Monday, January 19, 2009

What's Good in Leaside

Since it warmed all the way up to -4 degrees on Sunday, I went out for a little stroll in Leaside along Bayview Avenue. If you are in the area during the spring & summer months, you MUST stop by the Garden Court apartments at Bayview & Davisville, the courtyard is magical!!! The art deco units were built in 1941, and entering the courtyard is like stepping back in time.


The reason for my visit to the area today was to stop into a few of the unique and interesting shops in the area. First stop was Write Impressions, such a cute shop at 1515 Bayview:


This quaint boutique carries a wide variety of items, including home accents, seasonal decor, cards and stationery. They have some really creative light fixtures from Artecnica, and I particularly like the apt name of the hanging fixture pictured here - Icarus.


Just up & across the street at 1588 Bayview, I stopped in at The Elegant Garage Sale:


It may not be the most glamorous shop on the Bayview strip, but The Elegant Garage Sale always has incredible deals on antique and vintage furniture, silverware and china. It's often a case of luck & timing, and that means checking back often to see what's "new". Also keep in mind that some of the best deals may require elbow grease in the form of: scrubbing, stripping, sanding, painting or reupholstering. Although I saw some interesting pieces in my quest for an occasional chair, nothing was quite right, but I'll check back again.



After hitting just a few shops, the snow was starting to fall and it was time for lunch, so I headed towards home, but I hope to return to Leaside again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments, plus it lets me know that you're reading!! Leave your message here :-)