Monday, June 8, 2009

Natural Inspiration

Considering a new colour scheme? Can't decide whether or not it works? Here's a hint: Chances are if a colour combination is found in nature, it will also look good in your home. Next time you need some design inspiration, just take a look outside for some fabulous ideas!!



Taking a cue from the tulips and lemons, the combination of yellow and green create a pleasant colour palette. I found this rug at Brooks & Co. in Bobcaygeon this past weekend. It will eventually be the jumping off point for the guest bedroom in my next home:


It would look great with this Matine Toile bedding from Pottery Barn:


For a modern touch, I would hang a painting like this one by artist Vanessa Drew:


Put your trust in Mother Nature and let nature be your inspiration - you can't go wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments, plus it lets me know that you're reading!! Leave your message here :-)