Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Summer Picnics

Summer picnics are the perfect way to enjoy a simple meal while also being able to enjoy some quality time with Mother Nature. We Canadians never get enough summer, so leisurely picnics provide one more opportunity to get outside!! And it's fun to do it in style with great picnic blankets, baskets and dishware.

When I saw them marked down at Urban Outfitters this past winter, I picked up 2 of these plastic utensil sets in white. Everything tastes better when eating with fancy knives & forks!!


When Orla Kiely came out with a line of housewares for Target, I called my sister to pick out some melamine plates and plastic cups for outdoor entertaining. Such fun retro chic patterns!


Stash all your goodies in a retro inspired metal picnic basket (or, as the Brits like to say, "Picnic Hamper") like this one from Heal's:


New Yorkers know where to go - now get out there and find your ideal picnic spot!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments, plus it lets me know that you're reading!! Leave your message here :-)