Friday, September 11, 2009

Behind the Front Door

I don't often go out for walks after dark, but last night, being in desperate need of milk, I ventured out into the dark night. And wow - what a great experience!! When darkness falls, the brilliantly lit condominium lobbies reveal the inner beauty that lies behind the front door. Modern, spacious lobbies with sleek furniture and gleaming surfaces...


The Hudson
438 King Street West
Builder: Great Gulf Group
Design: Gluckstein Design



The Morgan

438 Richmond Street West
Builder: Great Gulf Group



Element
20 Blue Jays Way
Builder: Tridel

These are just a few of the entrance lobbies that I glimpsed during my short neighbourhood walk. There were many more, but online images are difficult to find. Next week I will remember to take my camera along for the walk and press the lens to every window.

These lobbies portray a lifestyle image and make a first impression on visitors. Every build and design team strives to display innovative ideas and use unique materials. These are a few concepts we can look forward to seeing in the near future:

Parade (Concept Design)
Fort York Boulevard
Builder: PCL
Design: Kohn Pederson Fox



Three Hundred (Concept Design)
300 Front Street West
Builder: Tridel
Design: Cecconi Simone

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments, plus it lets me know that you're reading!! Leave your message here :-)