Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Cloud Gate

Besides preparing to host Thanksgiving, one of the reasons I haven't written many posts recently is that I took a 5 day vacay to spend some time with my sister in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. While there, we did an overnight stay in nearby Chicago, where we visited Millennium Park. The park opened in July 2004, and features many interesting pieces of sculpture and architecture. I loved the reflective Cloud Gate by Anish Kapoor created from polished stainless steel plates.

The AT&T Plaza at Millennium Park


Cloud Gate Reflections


Inner Reflections of Cloud Gate


If the name Anish Kapoor seems familiar, you may recall that I previously posted a photo of his aluminum sculpture located here in Toronto on Front Street West:

Untitled (Mountain)


Anish Kapoor is a master of metal. Visit his website for more details about his works.

1 comment:

I love receiving comments, plus it lets me know that you're reading!! Leave your message here :-)