Monday, November 9, 2009

Project 3.14 Completed!

Project 3.14 is now complete. I just have one question: With so many round and oval dining tables out there, why are there so FEW round place mats available?

This set of 6 place mats is the first project I've created with the new Janome sewing machine I received on my birthday. These are a belated birthday gift for my Mom (see how that works - a sewing machine is the gift that keeps on giving). So pretty, don't you think?


Here's my step by step guide to making place mats for the round table owner in your life:

Step 1: Select Fabrics


Step 2: Wash & Iron the Fabrics


Steps 3: Trace Circles onto the Wrong Sides of the Fabric


Step 4: Cut out all 12 Circles


Step 5: Pin Right Sides together &
Stitch around the Circumference
(Leave a 2" Gap to Turn Fabric)


Step 6: Clip around the Outside
(This allows seam to lay flat when turned.)


Step 7: Turn Fabrics Right Side out & Press


Steps 8 & 9: Top Stitch Around the Circumference,
Hand Sew the 2" Gap Closed with a Blind Stitch


Step 10: Prepare for Gift Giving


Fait accompli!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments, plus it lets me know that you're reading!! Leave your message here :-)