Thursday, February 11, 2010

Duncan Hines...More Than Cake Mix

I wasn't aware of this until tonight, but the Duncan Hines company, generally known for their cake mixes, went through a brief period during which they marketed dinnerware. The American made pieces were made by Stetson Dinnerware and bore the brand name stamp of Duncan Hines on the bottom. I discovered this little piece of history this evening at my local Value Village when I came across 6 bread and butter plates which are just the right size for a slice of cake!

This set was manufactured circa 1950, and each flower is individually hand painted - if you look closely, you'll see that no two are exactly the same (click photo to enlarge).




Read more about the history of Duncan Hines here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments, plus it lets me know that you're reading!! Leave your message here :-)