Sunday, November 7, 2010

Working on the Weekend

This Sunday I will be putting together a store window display for a clothing store downtown. I have to admit that I wasn't all that excited about the project - until I found inspiration on the cover of this month's Style at Home magazine. I love the combination of aqua and metallic gold; it's festive, yet somewhat non traditional:


Working with a tight budget, I was determined to get the best bang for my client's buck. After scouting Walmart, HomeSense and Pier1Imports, I ended up purchasing almost everything I would need for the window at Canadian Tire and Dollarama. The satin ribbon (only $1.50/yard) is from World Sew Centre at 511 Queen Street West.


After wrapping 20 empty boxes, I am now qualified to teach Gift Wrap 101. Eddie Ross has a great video tutorial for tying gift boxes with ribbon:


And speaking of Eddie Ross, I also borrowed his ornament wreath idea for this project. It starts with a wire hanger and a sea of Christmas ornaments:


And after a few hours of perseverance, this is the final result:


Tomorrow I'll assemble all the parts in the window. Fingers crossed for a good reaction from both my client and his customers!!

3 comments:

  1. You officially have the coolest job ever! I would love to style a window display! You will have to show us the final product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job with the wreath! I'd love to see the finished project.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, plus it lets me know that you're reading!! Leave your message here :-)