Sunday, June 12, 2011

Special Delivery

If you follow me on Twitter, then you may have wondered what this Sunday morning tweet was all about:


Inside the big orange bag was a special delivery - a slightly belated Mother's Day gift which I've been working on for a few weeks. While my mom was here in Toronto over the Easter weekend, I dragged her to Designer Fabrics to help me search for fabric to create a trio of store window panels. Surrounded by so much selection, it's always a temptation to make impulse fabric purchases, but I resisted - instead suggesting a pink & green print to my mom that I knew she would like. "Wouldn't this make great toss cushions for your couch?" An idea was born, and soon we were at the checkout with a yard of said print and a yard of a textural woven solid.

My mom's condo is decorated in soft green and chocolate brown with dark woods, highlighted by a few hits of shrimp/coral. These cushions tie right into the existing scheme and add a punch of print and colour to the living room. Hope you enjoy your gift, mom!!




Now then, who's next? I'm looking for projects!!!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice Pam! Maybe I do need to learn how to see from you!

    Didn't know you are looking for pink and green. I saw a 19 yards at Robert Allen on Saturday for $190 only!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy I wish I could sew! The pillows are lovely~

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, plus it lets me know that you're reading!! Leave your message here :-)