Sunday, September 18, 2011

Emmy Dresses: My Pretty Picks

I love to watch Hollywood awards pre-shows just to see the what the stars are wearing as they arrive on the red carpet. It's a total guilty pleasure, but I know I'm not the only one who does it! What I find most interesting about my picks for best dresses is how each one is so different from the next. It certainly makes it hard to spot a trend!

My top 5 faves:

Kate Winslet in Elie Saab.
The fit of this dress is impeccable!
Photo via Pop Sugar


Elisabeth Moss in Marchesa.
The beading on this dress is so feminine and pretty!
Photo via In Style


Katie Holmes in Calvin Klein.
I love the simplicity of this dress, it's classic Calvin.
Photo via In Style


Jennifer Westfeldt in a vintage dress.
Such a fabulous colour, and the belt makes it sing!
Photo via People Style Watch


Claire Danes in Oscar de la Renta.
This dress reminds me of a cubist Picasso piece.
Photo via In Style


What were your Emmy red carpet favourites?

5 comments:

  1. That is a difficult question to answer.... I love Kate W. the colour and style of the dress is bang on for her ... but Elizabeth in the Machesa is sooo fantastic, but the colour makes her look ill...what a dress.... then the simple flowing dress of Jennifer W. that is vintage done very well.... I like the colour of Katie Holmes dress, but not the cut of it and then the Oscar dress of Claire has a wonderful cut but the fabric is not to my liking. There you go... I think that I hear the phone...it is Joan Rivers calling me... I may be on TV soon...lol. In the end I think that my fav is Kate Winslet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fav was Sophia Vergera from Modern Family - her dress accented her very curvaceous body and highlighted her tiny, tiny waist. A knock-out always, but this time she outdid herself in my opinion.
    But I also liked Kate Winslett, always very classy and last night was no exception.
    Did not like Katies Holmes' look at all - too casual looking for a big Emmy night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer Westfeldt did look stunning in that dress...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote for Kate Winslet - Elie Saab did a great job obviously and the color of dress matches Kate´s feminine nature as well. Oscar de la Renta piece is also fabulous as it reflects upon the earlier works of this designer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Claire Danes look, so yay! so fab <3

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, plus it lets me know that you're reading!! Leave your message here :-)