Monday, September 26, 2011

Step 1: Plan, Plan, Plan

I've started thinking about what furniture I'll be keeping for the new condo (you can read about my new place in this post), and what additional pieces I'll be needing. Since I'll be moving from a one bedroom to a two bedroom, one of the first things on the list is a bed for the guest room. As I considered this, it occurred to me that this would be the perfect opportunity to upgrade the bed in the master suite and switch my current upholstered headboard into the guest room. You can catch a glimpse of my headboard in this post.

For a long time I have wanted a fully upholstered bed, but previously the space was too tight, so I opted for the headboard alone. I'm excited that the master bedroom in the new condo will have plenty of room for a full bed. This is my inspiration - the quilted champagne silk bed from Charlotte York's Park Avenue apartment in Sex & the City:


West Elm
Scroll (Queen)
Headboard Approx $585 CDN/Full Bed Approx $1065


West Elm
Diamond (Queen)
Headboard Approx $585 CDN/Full Bed Approx $1065


West Elm
Nailhead (Queen)
Headboard Approx $480 CDN/Full Bed Approx $960


Crate & Barrel
Colette
Queen Bed $1609 CDN

Crate and Barrel
Crown
Queen Bed $1349 CDN


Urban Barn
Ella
Queen Bed $1340 CDN


Mobilia
Ritz
Queen Bed $999 CDN


Pottery Barn
York (Headboard only, Queen)
Approx $1060 CDN


Pottery Barn
Lorraine (Headboard only, Queen)
Approx $930 CDN


GHJ Custom
Jameson
Queen Bed $1295 CDN


GHJ Custom
Chelsea
Queen Bed $1395 CDN


GHJ Custom
Linda
Queen Bed $1295 CDN


GHJ Custom
Fairmont
Queen Bed $1295 CDN


Some of these options require custom upholstery, and the delivery timeline can run anywhere from 4 to 6 months, so it's time to start planning now!! It's a good thing I love to shop :-)

2 comments:

  1. I love the Crate & Barrel Crown - soft lines and nail heads = perfect. Plus I hope you won't have to wait that long for it to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This may surprise you but Target on line has upholstered headboards at very good prices. Check it out!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, plus it lets me know that you're reading!! Leave your message here :-)