Sunday, January 1, 2012

Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'


Now that I've found the bamboo bedside tables I've been searching for, I can finally move forward with the guest room design. Although my move in date is at least 9 months away, I think we can all agree that it's a good idea to start early. I mean, seriously, it took 6 months just to find the right nightstands!

These lily lamps are the room's jumping off point.
Obviously they will need new shades and finials:


Of course, each lamp will sit atop one of these
vintage faux bamboo Thomasville nightstands:


The new bedside tables will get a lick of Herringbone
SR73, Para Paints, Sarah Richardson Designer Palette:


Perhaps I'll add a pair of these pretty knobs
from Haveli Home to the drawer fronts:


I would love to use this Ophelia fabric as drapery
since there are so many colours to play with:


But that would mean this Sanderson Lilia
wallpaper is out of the question:


A tufted headboard covered in a plush velvet
will add a touch of luxury and warmth:


I've decided on this creamy Pearl for the walls
SR30, Para Paints, Sarah Richardson Designer Palette:


The bedding will be restful, like this simple
Lexington Quilt in pearl from West Elm:


It's all starting to come together!

Do you have any interesting design projects you'd like to share? I love getting comments, so leave one below and let me know what you're working on!!

7 comments:

  1. Your plans sound very exciting! What part of the city is your new condo in?

    My son moved into his own apartment, so I'm planning to make his old room into a proper guest room....sad, but exciting too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol-Anne! The new condo is in Etobicoke (427/Valhalla) which is only 5 mins from my office. They are already on floor 10 of 21, so I should be in by next fall.
    Hope you enjoy decorating the guest room. It's fun to envision how your guests will feel when they spend a night in the space you've created for them.
    Thanks for the comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing Pam!! I love this room and you will have to invite me for a sleepover!! I love those tables and man they are Thomasville?? On a second thought, maybe you don't want to invite me for a sleepover, I may just pack these tables home with me.

    Grey is a great color for these tables and I love your choice of knobs. I am inspired by blue lately and if this holds until I'm ready to use the pair of tables I got, I think I will spray them blue to go with the brass accents. Love your drapery fabric and "Cream" would definitely go perfectly with your wallpaper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the plans for your guest room. It must be so exciting to see the condo come together.

    We're continuing our plans to update our old house here in Tillsonburg - this year's major project will be a facelift for the kitchen with a new floor, new counters, painted cabinets and new hardware and light fixtures. It's exciting but there's a lot of work ahead of me here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tim,
    Thanks for the compliments, and you're more than welcome to visit anytime!! I can't wait to see the room you're currently working on, I'm sure it will be stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Heather,
    You're so right, it is very exciting!! I wish moving day was arriving sooner, it's hard to be patient ;-)
    Your house in Tillsonburg is coming along nicely, and I'm eager to see how your next project turns out. So far it's looking great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pam, Your guest room is going to look fabulous!! Love everything you have chosen!! Can't wait to see it finished in 9 months!!
    See you soon!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, plus it lets me know that you're reading!! Leave your message here :-)