Sunday, February 12, 2012

What's in a Rug?

Now that the time has come to start considering a rug purchase, I realize that I know very little about the genre. The value of a rug is determined by many contributing factors such as how it's made, where it's made, and what it's made from. If you ask me, the most important component is the prettiness factor ;-)

Rug Pretty!!

Instagram photo by Pamela Graham for Cherish Toronto

I love the colours in the hand knotted, synthetic silk Kashmir runner above. This rug is a serious contender for the front entry hall.

3 comments:

  1. Agreed! The prettiness and relevance in your space is so key! P.S. Cherish is one of my picks for theatest five Liebster recipients! Check out my post today for details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree also - not that I don't love a wonderful silk handknotted rug - but who can afford that? Not me.

    Love the colours in this rug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That rug is gorgeous! I am not going to ask how much it was though. Would make for a great focal point in a room.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, plus it lets me know that you're reading!! Leave your message here :-)