Thursday, December 6, 2012

Getting It Together

Sorry for the lack of posts of late, but the big move from downtown Toronto to Eatonville in the west end has been rather time consuming. Now that things are starting to settle down, it's time to start fleshing out the decor.

Most of my choices were already in place before the move, but there are a few important pieces missing. First I'll be needing light fixtures throughout the condo to replace the horrible bare bulbs currently protruding from the ceiling boxes. Seriously, they are beyond awful!! This coming weekend there is an estate sale and I have my eye on this gorgeous clear glass chandelier for the dining room. It's just my style - fancy but not glamorous, simple but not boring. I just wish I didn't have to get up at 6 am on Saturday morning to get my hands on it, but I think this piece will be worth it.


Stay tuned for condo progress coming soon!!

UPDATE:  I dragged my butt outta bed and out the door super early on Saturday and arrived at the estate sale at 7 am to be 9th in line. It was worth the sleep deprivation because I GOT IT!!! What's even better, I found a comparable chandelier online for $1795.00. My price was a reasonable $325.00 (taxes included), and it's in perfect condition. Can you say sweet deal?!?!? Yay!!

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with the auction. That chandelier will be gorgeous in your new condo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new digs! It's been a long time coming, hey? I know the "builders basic" fight. A chandy is just the ticket, sorry about the 6am though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who knew there was an 'Eatonville' in my city???? Ha!

    Best of luck with decorating your new home! sure it will be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, sweet deal for sure! So happy it was worth getting up early on a Saturday :-) It'a been a long time since I visited your blog, congrats on your new home! I'm sure you'll have a fun time decorating it, and your new chandelier is a great start :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so worth getting up early... congrats on your new chandelier!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, plus it lets me know that you're reading!! Leave your message here :-)