Sunday, October 19, 2014

Prest-O Change-O Grey to Gold

In my house, procrastination knows no bounds! Shortly after New Years, I found a dining set on Kijiji and posted about it here on January 31st. At the very end of that post, I wrote the following:

"The chairs will need to be recovered in a new fabric,
and I'm obsessed with the idea of using a deep yellow velvet.
Can you picture it?" 


Fast Slow forward to March 1st, when I purchased 3 yards of fabric for this little project (keeping receipts helps to keep track of spending and project timelines), spending a lavish $36.36. Then life happened, and I tucked that bolt of fabric into a corner for more than 7 months before rolling it out in preparation for cutting. I removed the existing covers from the best fitting seat and chair back to use as pattern pieces to cut the new fabric.

There was some sewing and some stapling involved in this project, but I won't go into too many details, it's fairly straight forward. The trickiest part was avoiding wrinkles in the fabric while stapling and I didn't do a great job of that, but oh well. Despite the telltale DIY signs, I'm happy with the fresh new look:






I love the contrast of golden yellow against navy blue. What do you think?

8 comments:

  1. The wrinkles are unavoidable, but you were spot on with your yellow idea!!! Looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yellow with the blue is gorgeous - it makes them both look their best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are amazing together. I really like the contrast. Your dining room looks dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're stunning! Love the colour - it's gorgeous against the blue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right, Michelle? I love this colour combo!!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, plus it lets me know that you're reading!! Leave your message here :-)